What a week! Previously I had said that the weekend was going to be busy, see here
And I wasn’t wrong, blinked and the whole weekend was gone just like that. The Saturday I saw my mum for her birthday, and Sunday was the planned day for Baby.
So at 11.30am I got there, ready to be a birthing partner, and at 4.50pm little Logan arrived.
Didn’t get home until 10pm. And I was shattered. I slept well that night that’s for sure. Monday I woke up in agony, though not entirely sure why. I was on standby for lifts home from the hospital, so never managed any physio that day.
Packed them up to come home, and collect her older son Leonardo and show him his baby bro. All went as smoothly as it could.
So Tuesday after 3 days off, I embarked on week 2 of my physio routine, find it here but doing the sets x 2 instead. So definitely attempting to challenge the hip more this week.
And OH MY GOD it was soooooo hard. Harder than I ever imagined if I’m honest. But I survived. Managed to do Tuesday, Wednesday, but today is actual physio appointment day. And in that appointment we did.
- Stationary bike level 2 x 5mins
- Leg press 60kgs x 20 reps
- Ball squeeze hip bridges x 20 reps
- Clam side drop outs, red resistance band x 20 reps
- Heel to butt, ankle weighted x 20 reps
- Prone knee raise ankle weighted x 20 reps
- Kettle bell glute squeeze stand ups x 20 reps
- Walking lunges with dumbbells x 20 reps
- Ducking walking green resistance band x 20 reps
It’s also been lovely and hot, this week, at times I was melting. So physio had to be done before the temperature of the day got too much. As I have found in high heat I can’t exercise properly, all motivation disappears. The gym at the hospital was 35 degrees!! That was a sweat fest.