This week, I’ve gone back to the original workout, as this weekend really took it out of me. Lots of stairs, have caused a dull ache in the thigh, and lower back.
So the thinking of doing the basic routine, means I don’t aggravate it too much, while keeping up my physio routine.
- Clam knees drop outwards (green band) 20 reps
- Ball squeezes ankles 20 reps
- Ball squeezes knees 20 reps
- Ball squeeze hip bridges 20 reps
- Prone knee raise (ankle weight) 20 reps
- Prone heel to butt (ankle weight) 20 reps
- Front leg raise (ankle weight) 20 reps
- Hip abduction (ankle weight) 20 reps
- Side leg raise (ankle weight) 20 reps
- Duck walking (green band) 20 reps
- Lunge walking (ankle weight) 20 reps
Though I’m sore, and unmotivated. I’m sticking to it. And my drinking more water too. No weight loss but I feel better, especially skin wise. So that’s a plus.
I’m still experiencing some groin pain at times, not sure why. It’s concerning. And back ache like no other!! But knees are improving, or at least they haven’t had a flare up recently.
Its dry weather for now, so some aches and pains are under control, for now at least. Hands are tricky at times, so the splint is out and in use.
As it’s June and #HipDysplasia awareness month, I thought I’d share some of Linda Bleck illustration to help describe and raise some awareness to such a debilitating mobility issue.
And I share them because as soon as I saw them, I realised someone other than my husband, ‘got’ me, really understood what I felt, physically, emotionally and mentally.
This is so true, they wait until you’ve created so much damage inside that it’s almost impossible to fully recover from.
So with this in mind, my physio appointment today was easier than last week’s, I explained that it took 4 complete days to ease the pains and stiffness. So we cut the amount of exercises done, and only did the operated leg this time.
- Stationary bike level 3 5mins
- Clam drop knees to sides green banded 25reps
- Single leg hip bridges 15reps (somehow managed them but barely)
- Ball between knees bridges 25reps
- Prone lying Knee raise ankle weighted 15reps
- Kettle bell sit to stand glute squeezes 25reps
- Duck walking green banded 50reps
- Lung walking (using 1 parallel bar) 25reps
This time we didn’t do the ankle weight leg raise, or the leg press. And we only did one leg instead of both. Hopefully I will recover a bit faster this time. Though I sure felt weak and sore coming out of that appointment.
My aim this week, and weekend is to try and do some exercises at home, but I won’t beat myself up over it if I don’t. As I realise it’s daft doing too much then I can’t move for days.