How fast has these six sessions have gone! And I feel very blessed to have had them. I’ll be sad it’s all over now.
Going into my Monday I feel some deep gnawing thigh aching, but maybe expected after yesterday’s unaided walking, and stair climbing? It’s pretty unpleasant to live with, however I’m not too concerned as it can right itself over time.
Right before Hydro, I step out of my door and my ankle went from under me, so I stumbled and stalled (almost fell over, but walking stick saved me!) OUCH! Knee feels pulled. Have to see what the Physiotherapist says. Hip seems ok though which is a relief.
I have found water exercises hugely beneficial, and productive, in ways that land physio just hasn’t been. Mainly because you are fully supported, and feel weightless in the water. You can do double the amount of exercise in water compared to land.
But this end, signals the next phase in recovery, so although sad it’s all over. It’s exciting to see how the leg will then progress and be challenged now it’s time for official land physio.
So to end my last hydro session with my dodgy twisted knee.
- Walk up and down pool x 3
- Walk up and down pool sideways x 3
- Hip flexion (no ring) 20 reps x 2
- Hip extension (no ring) 20 reps x 2
- Hip abduction (no ring) 20 reps x 2
- Hip flexion (with ring) 20 reps x 2
- Hip extension (with ring) 20 reps x 2
- Hip abduction (with ring) 20 reps x 2
- Mini squats 20 reps x 2
- Step up forwards 20 reps x 2
- Step up sideways 20 reps x 2
I cam out very very stiff, definitely hurt my knee a fair bit, so home to bed to ice it and rest. Hopefully it will improve quickly. Feel a bit stupid falling, serves me right for not looking at my feet.