As it’s June and #HipDysplasia awareness month, I thought I’d share some of Linda Bleck illustration to help describe and raise some awareness to such a debilitating mobility issue.
And I share them because as soon as I saw them, I realised someone other than my husband, ‘got’ me, really understood what I felt, physically, emotionally and mentally.
This is so true, they wait until you’ve created so much damage inside that it’s almost impossible to fully recover from.
So with this in mind, my physio appointment today was easier than last week’s, I explained that it took 4 complete days to ease the pains and stiffness. So we cut the amount of exercises done, and only did the operated leg this time.
- Stationary bike level 3 5mins
- Clam drop knees to sides green banded 25reps
- Single leg hip bridges 15reps (somehow managed them but barely)
- Ball between knees bridges 25reps
- Prone lying Knee raise ankle weighted 15reps
- Kettle bell sit to stand glute squeezes 25reps
- Duck walking green banded 50reps
- Lung walking (using 1 parallel bar) 25reps
This time we didn’t do the ankle weight leg raise, or the leg press. And we only did one leg instead of both. Hopefully I will recover a bit faster this time. Though I sure felt weak and sore coming out of that appointment.
My aim this week, and weekend is to try and do some exercises at home, but I won’t beat myself up over it if I don’t. As I realise it’s daft doing too much then I can’t move for days.