I can’t believe how fast this time has gone, we are also halfway through the year, it’s been a real roller coaster of success and failure. Both hips and other joints, as one fixes others are breaking down.
I’ve made an appointment to see MiCats for steroid injection, but the assessment appointment isn’t until Sept so I’m looking at another 2 months of hand pain and swellings.
Testing the abilities and accepting some limitations for now. But overall I’m pleased with how it’s going. It’s not as fast as others, but I now know why and how to combat it as best as I can.
I’ve switched up my exercises for this week. Not too different but enough to challenge the muscle groups.
This week I’ve done
- Hip flexion ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Hip abduction ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Hip extension forwards ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Hip extension backwards ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Heel to butt ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Ball squeezes ankles 20reps x 1
- Ball squeezes knees 20reps x 1
- Ball squeeze hip bridges 20reps x 1
- Traditional side clam raise green band 20reps x 1 (omg this is so hard)
- Duck walking green band 20reps x 1
- Lunge walking ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Prone knee raise ankle weighted 20reps x 1
- Prone heel to butt ankle weighted 20reps x 1
Somehow this really kicked my butt!! I felt so strong last week, but switching it up has activated muscles in different ways. So it’s all good but very very tiring.
Ive increased my water intake, started to think about foods more, and just have a more positive outlook on weight, life and health. Probably helps that the sun has been shining this week too. Love summer!!