This weather is causing pain pain pain, and a healthy dose of stiffness and immobility with that.
So far this week to control the hand pains I’ve been taking 400mg ibuprofen x 2 but I’ll admit it’s not really helping, on top of that I’m using ibuprofen gel. At least I can splint them, and use gloves.
However the hip isn’t feeling any benefit from Ibuprofen, but it aches deep in the thigh crease where pelvis meets the thigh, Or bikini crease area I should say. With the increased rain, I’m noticing that the hip still feels seized up and stiff, exactly like it did with Arthritis?? So for this I’m adding Paracetamol. And see if that helps.
Today’s physio is focusing on lubricating joints to ease pains.
- Circle ball on wall left 10 reps x 3
- Circle ball on wall right 10 reps x 3
- Push ball on wall up and down 10 reps x 3
Then hand exercises
- Make an O with each finger 10 reps x 3
- Raise thumb 10 reps x 3
- Thumb abduction 10 reps x 3
- Thumb scoop and up 10 reps x 3
- Wrist up and down 10 reps x 3
- Make a fist and open 10 reps x 3
- Glute squeezes 10 reps x 3
- Quad exercise 10 reps x 3
- Short Arc quad 10 reps x 3
- Ball between Ankles squeeze 10 reps x 3
- Ball between knees squeeze 10 reps x 3
- Hip abduction 10 reps x 3
- Single leg raise 10 reps x 3
For these exercises I find I can do many while sitting down, watching the TV. And I break them down in 3 sets, so one set in the morning, then a set after dinner, then one more in the evening. So although it looks a lot to do, it’s easily slotted into my day.