Not even been a whole week since the last physio appointment, but I’m back here again!!
Since the last appointment we had a busy weekend, which admittedly wiped me out proper. Until Tuesday in fact, then boom its Wednesday and time to do physio.
At NO point could I do my at home exercises, as my leg is so achy and swollen in-between appointments.
And this is my hand, my walking stick hand.
Rings removed as it’s so flared up lately. By Tuesday it was improved, but still podgy.
So here we are 18 weeks have zoomed by I will admit. Though earlier weeks I swore they dragged. And I’ve learnt a few things, I still HATE stairs. The leg swells up over 2inches bigger when I overdo it, and I can’t bend well and get up again. I honestly thought I would be more agile than I am. Though is that Arthritis or the Replacement??
And I still can’t lie on that side comfortably, it’s vile. But I can cross my legs, though I try not too, just in case.
This time we did a killer workout, I may not move for a few days!!
- Stairs 12 up 12 down
- Stationary bike level 3 x 5mins
- Hip bridges x 10 reps
- Single leg hip bridges x 10 reps (OMG that was a killer!)
- Front leg raise ankle weighted x 10 reps
- Front leg raise, abduction ankle weighted x 10 reps
- Prone lying heel to butt ankle weighted x 10 reps
- Prone lying Knee raise ankle weighted x 10 reps
- Swiss ball squeezes between knees x 10 reps
- Bosu ball deep lunge x 10 reps
- Side steps green banded x 40 steps
Doing these my leg wants to fall out so much, it’s so hard to keep it centred. I’m terrified it will dislocate the hip if it falls.
This was ridiculously difficult, my glutes burned. Didn’t leave the floor much, but boy it activated something.