Yesterday was Wednesday and I had my appointments for both OT (Occupational therapist) then closely followed by Hydrotherapy. It was brilliant to have on the same day, saves traveling and parking two separate days.
My first appointment was OT and I showed her my photo of my swollen knuckles, and explained the pain.
And she gave me some compression gloves to start wearing, whenever I feel like I need them. To gently compress and warm the hand joints.
Totally not attractive, I mean look at them!! But needs must. And I also need to make an appointment with the gp, to discuss steroids or effective pain relief.
So that was done, time for Hydro. And following the weeks walking adventures, I was already tired. But eager to workout as hard as I could too.
- Walk up down pool forwards x 3
- Walk up down pool sideways x 3
- Walk up down pool backwards x 3
- Hip flexion 20 reps x 2
- Hip abduction 20 reps x 2
- Hip extension 20 reps x 2
- Step ups forward 20 reps x 2
- Step up sideways 20 reps x 2
- Push float down core exercise 20 reps x 2
- Mini squats 20 reps x 2
That was honestly me done, I hobbled out exhausted but accomplished. Once home and dinner done, I promptly fell asleep again. It’s definitely wearing me out proper!!